3 tips for wellbeing when working from home
During the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in currently, many of us must learn to adapt and work from home. Learning materials become predominantly online and communication is through email and video call rather than face-to-face.
This means adapting to a new home working environment and routine. Consequently, everyone will cope with this differently.
With working from home and adapting to this learning environment, it is crucial to look after our mental health and wellness.
Try these 3 tips for wellbeing when working from home:
Remain in control
- At a time like this, it is easy to feel a loss of control with work and academia.
- Making a note of priorities and work to complete can help with completing tasks.
- Try making a list of tasks that need completing. This way the tasks can be ticket off as they are accomplished.
Take time to reflect
- Take the time to reflect upon your daily progress.
- This will allow you to monitor your progress.
- You can ask: What did I do well today? Was there anything that could have gone better?
- This can also help you to set goals based on what you have achieved and what still needs to be achieved.
- It is important to recognise your achievements and reward yourself for them
- Allow yourself to feel proud of the progress being made.
- Perhaps reward yourself of your progress by having some downtime afterwards. This could be reading, starting a new series or even taking up meditation.