We are celebrating 25 years of working with and supporting schools. From humble beginnings to a proud, family - run, international organisation, here are 25 things we have learnt!
1. Education is fluid, an ever changing and exciting industry. It is certainly never boring.
2. 25 years on our learning techniques are still vital.
3. No matter how many times the curriculum changes students will always need to know how to learn, how to revise, and how to prepare for exams.
4. Kids imaginations are way better than ours. The things they can create never cease to amaze!
5. Our work has a life – long impact that should never be underestimated.
6. Parents are partners too. Working with parents enlightens everything.
7. Teachers are the busiest, most dedicated people we know. We know because of the emails sent at 1am, during holidays, and early morning phone calls.
8. Every cloud really does have a silver lining.
9. Students listen to external speakers more than they do teachers, even though we may be saying exactly the same thing. We are really sorry about that.
10. The team is everything. Surround yourself with positive, passionate people only.
11. The primary to secondary schools transition is a pivotal moment in a child’s life. Treat with care.
12. A holistic approach is best. Always. Every child can achieve.
13. Developing a whole – school approach was the best thing we ever did.
14. Embrace technology. PowerPoint is better than OHPs!
15. Celebrate diversity – having a team with a vast skill set means we are adaptable, flexible and powerful.
16. Learning can be fun, creative, and imaginative.
17. Resilience is vital not just for school but life too. We have had to roll with the punches and batten down the hatches. Turns out we are really good at it and loved learning from it. It has shaped who we are today.
18. Long-term partnerships supported by our online platform, One Hub, are the way to change cultures and inspire a love of learning.
19. Each school is wonderfully unique.
20. Teachers have their own language. We are fluent in it.
21. Combining research and the very best of the teaching profession is a game changer.
22. Having a culture of high expectations brings out the best in everyone.
23. Former pupils don’t forget you, and you don’t forget them.
24. Nothing will ever beat that ‘light bulb’ moment when a student finally gets it.
25. You really do get older and wiser.